Henderson Island appeal

In 2011 we mounted a major operation to restore Henderson Island. Its aim was to eradicate the rats that were decimating the birds and other wildlife found on this beautiful island.

Unfortunately this effort was not successful, but from the first day we learned that a few rats had survived, we were determined that we would not give up.

We're now planning a research expedition to the island to run between May to November 2015. It is a major undertaking that will involve two teams of eight people. Primarily they will be finding out if a second attempt to eradicate the island's rats will be successful, before we try again.

We need to raise £230,000 before this expedition can proceed. This will pay for the boat required to install the teams, the food and supplies that they will have to bring with them, equipment, research staff and all other costs associated with mounting an expedition on one of the world's most remote and isolated islands.

With your help, we can raise the money needed - together we can ensure the future of the island's endemic species.

Please note that fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. By completing this form you acknowledge that you are aged over 18.

Amount to give *

£(if other, please enter amount in the box - min £1)

Credit/debit card details

Card type *
Card number *
Expiry date *
Verification number * The verification number is the last three digits in the signature strip on the back of the card

Your name *

Title First name Last name

Make your donation worth even more

Use Gift Aid to make your donations worth more, including your existing membership payments (if applicable). For every pound you give us, we earn an extra 25 pence from the HM Revenue & Customs. It's that simple.

Note: To qualify for Gift Aid, you must pay an amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax for each tax year (6 April one year to 5 April the next) that is at least equal to the amount of tax that all Charities and Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs) will reclaim on your gifts for that tax year. Other taxes such as VAT and council tax do not qualify.

Are you a member of the RSPB? *