Has anyone got the RSPB HD scope?

Chat

Chat
Say hello to your fellow members or ask questions about this community here
Gear Guide

Has anyone got the RSPB HD scope?

This question is not answered

I'm in the market for a new scope, Ideally I'd like to get a Swarovski but financial restrictions mean this isn't going to be possible however the RSPB HD one may be a viable alternative. I've seen it in the shop at the Lodge but wasn't too impressed if I'm honest however I'm wondering if that was just that particular scope.

So anyone got one? What's it like to live with in real life?

Alternatively what other options are there around that price range?

All Replies
  • Michael,not sure what scope you are using at the moment but have you tried any of the Opticron range,we have a MM2 travel scope and a very old angled one that I have forgotten the model no. of.In the mid range I reckon their optics are worth consideration.Know what you mean about funds OAP's with grandkids get a bit strapped at times as well.

• I tried practically everything in that price range (£800-£1200) before taking the plunge and splashing out a bit more on the Swaro (which I have to say is just spectactular). In my opinion the RSPB HD scope is superior to the equivalent Opticron (which I was slightly disappointed with if I'm honest) and probably the best of that bunch.