Lumix fz 150

Chat

Chat
Say hello to your fellow members or ask questions about this community here
Gear Guide

Lumix fz 150

This question is not answered

Hi-

Tried one of these on Lesbos; well impressed.

May trade up my trusty old fz 48-  the extension Lens ( but not the tube)  will work on the 150

:)

S

All Replies
  • Hi-

the FZ 150 has a 24x  optical zoom  but as it's new on the market costs around £300

My old FZ 38 has an 18x  optical zoom and with the extra screw on lens adaptor gave good results - see my posts on here from Lesbos etc- used ones can be found on ebay in the £130 range.

S

• Christine,  TZ8 is a superb little camera and the newest version is TZ30 which is the one I think you are referring to.  I have never pressed that button yet, have never liked digital zooms but that photo might make me change my mind.  The fz 150 is a near SLR bridge camera and as a result has a bigger sensor (therefore better quality) and the ability to add an optical extension lens.

Edit:  If you do change keep the TZ8.  The best camera you can have is the one you have with you and the TZ8 will slip into your pocket at any time.

• I have to say I can't fault the fz150 as a bridge camera. The reviews speak for themselves, and the x 24 optical zoom can be extended considerably if you use the digital zoom (although you need a tripod for that to be honest) and as Bob said you can buy an optical teleconverter to double the optical zoom. I use the 1.7 teleconverter and can manage this hand held quite easily.

• Hi-

I do exactly the same as Sparrow- works brilliantly.

S

•  

Hi-  took this at 12 feet- cropped slightly

S

• hello birdie can I throw one at you - I have been looking at Canon Powershot SX40 HS which I can get for about £226 (and price is a factor) - any ideas about how good this one is - or not??

• Birdie Wild
    I highly recommend the FZ150, so far on the market there is nothing to touch it . Edit, in bridge cameras.

I completely agree.

Thats a great photo Seymour.