Lumix fz 150

Chat

Chat
Say hello to your fellow members or ask questions about this community here
Gear Guide

Lumix fz 150

This question is not answered

Hi-

Tried one of these on Lesbos; well impressed.

May trade up my trusty old fz 48-  the extension Lens ( but not the tube)  will work on the 150

:)

S

All Replies
  • Hi-

the FZ 150 has a 24x  optical zoom  but as it's new on the market costs around £300

My old FZ 38 has an 18x  optical zoom and with the extra screw on lens adaptor gave good results - see my posts on here from Lesbos etc- used ones can be found on ebay in the £130 range.

S

• Christine,  TZ8 is a superb little camera and the newest version is TZ30 which is the one I think you are referring to.  I have never pressed that button yet, have never liked digital zooms but that photo might make me change my mind.  The fz 150 is a near SLR bridge camera and as a result has a bigger sensor (therefore better quality) and the ability to add an optical extension lens.

Edit:  If you do change keep the TZ8.  The best camera you can have is the one you have with you and the TZ8 will slip into your pocket at any time.

• I have to say I can't fault the fz150 as a bridge camera. The reviews speak for themselves, and the x 24 optical zoom can be extended considerably if you use the digital zoom (although you need a tripod for that to be honest) and as Bob said you can buy an optical teleconverter to double the optical zoom. I use the 1.7 teleconverter and can manage this hand held quite easily.

• Hi-

I do exactly the same as Sparrow- works brilliantly.

S

•  

Hi-  took this at 12 feet- cropped slightly

S

• Hi Seymouraves, after getting rid of my new SLR, Canon 600D, which I just couldn't get along with at all,  I have just three weeks ago bought a FZ 150. My Bro and I spent hours of extensive reviewing before deciding that this was the one, the processing is very good unlike the Sony HX200V which is a close competitive camera but which over processes the pictures and which I tried for two days (and which you can't turn the auto review off, which is 2 seconds long) I also own a Panasonic TZ10 which as a 'carry about' camera is excellent.  I'm very happy with the FZ150 I am still in the 'testing it out' mode but so far have found nothing it can't cope with. The movies are also very good I record in HD. I highly recommend the FZ150, so far on the market there is nothing to touch it . Edit, in bridge cameras.

• hello birdie can I throw one at you - I have been looking at Canon Powershot SX40 HS which I can get for about £226 (and price is a factor) - any ideas about how good this one is - or not??

• Birdie Wild
    I highly recommend the FZ150, so far on the market there is nothing to touch it . Edit, in bridge cameras.

I completely agree.

Thats a great photo Seymour.

• Hi Wendy, best thing to do is to read reviews on the net about it, like HERE and there's a small discussion HERE that may interest you, but you need to read as many reviews as you can about  that and other bridge cameras, there are some great review sites, then see if jessops or some other shop have one in and go and have a go with it, compare it with other bridge cameras that they have, take your time, take the same photos with each camera and see what you think, ultimately it's down to personal choice and what you feel and what you think to be a fair price, certainly if you purchase the SX40, I think you will be pleased with it, but I've not tried one and I'm definitely no expert  xx