I posted last night about my concern for a baby blue tit in my garden Post URGENT ADVICE PLEASE.
It was cold and wet and his parents hadnt been for over an hour. We have cats next door and I was so worried about him. It was a dilema as to whether I left him or not - I know we shouldnt intervene with nature. I looked at his tiny body and thought he wouldnt survive the night. He wasnt under cover but on the patio.
I had a spare RSPB nest box (brand new) in the garage. I put some feathers in from a feather duster, picked him up and put him in and left the box where the baby had been for the past hour or so. I was unsure if I had done the right thing.
My husband was up at 6 this morning and mom was in the garden. We opened the box gingerly at what we might find.
And there he was - bright and fluffy. Phew !!
We eased him out of the box and waited.
Mom came - and fed him and has been since 6 this morning.
I know you should leave nature to do its own thing but in my heart of hearts I really didnt think he would survive. I feel I did the best for him and hopefully now he will get stronger and stronger.
Thats excellent news Suzy. Panic over for you!
Well done, you can now go on holiday without worrying
That's lovely that you helped him and he's OK, you are such a good soul Suzy x
Well done Suzy. Sometimes you just have to help the little fellows, get a head start.
glad to hear everything turned out ok :)
Hi all. Got back from a very wet Wales. Just got the camera up and running and found this photo of the little baby Blue Tit. The AWW factor !