Video clip; Jake the Jay, Tit family and dear little Robin

Chat

Chat
Say hello to your fellow members or ask questions about this community here
The Tea Rooms

Video clip; Jake the Jay, Tit family and dear little Robin

• A video clip from this morning's feeding frenzy !    Jake made a nice entrance and he is in scary close up   LOL.       Also had the Treecreeper around but only on photos which I will post later ........if it is recognisable on the distant photo  !            

• Thanks Alan,   it's been an amazing morning and best bird activity I've seen;   just photographed LTT    -  whoooohooooo LOL             First were through the window :( but I did manage to get a couple outside before they scooted,  will upload later along with new ones of the Treecreeper if they are reasonable.

• Love the way the robin announces his arrival. If I didn't have so many starlings my bird table might look like this (apart from the wonderful jay!). Nice bit of 'ditting' AFTER the jay has gone lol

• HAZY

Thanks Alan,   it's been an amazing morning and best bird activity I've seen;   just photographed LTT    -  whoooohooooo LOL             First were through the window :( but I did manage to get a couple outside before they scooted,  will upload later along with new ones of the Treecreeper if they are reasonable.

Looks like it's LTT's all round!

• Afternoon MC   Thanks, I was so thrilled when the Robin came to the dish,  I instantly thought of you and BR   !!

• Oddly enough I filmed a BR warbling session this morning. I'll upload it when I get home tonight. I also filmed him deep in thought and I'll post that too. He managed to clear a tree of about 10 sparrows and a dunnock in one frenzy of ditting and flapping of wings. I'll have to issue a restraining order at this rate before he has a breakdown!

• Gorgeous video Hazy. I love the grab and go tits. Jake is a real greedy guts, but my favourite is still Nutty. I'm pleased for you that Robin is now using the dish on camera. My Robin won't let anything anywhere near my similar dish, although he does lose out to the starlings.

• Brilliant video Hazy! Great variety of birds visiting your 'takeaway' lol,  and Jake is looking particularly gorgeous! :)  

• Just fabulous H - & two blue tits at once as well as all the other lovelies!!

• Fabulous video. What a wonderful collection of visitors. I must admit I think my favourite is the Nuthatch but Jake is pretty cool too. Looks like you had sunshine - still grey down here but warming up. Reached the dizzy heights of 0 C today.

• Lovely video again Hazy.  I had to smile at Jake - could he stuff any more in I wonder?!!  I get all sorts in my garden too but never a nuthatch so he was a delight to see as are all the little blue and coal tits.  I bet they get through some food between them!

• Thanks so much everyone,   it was a real frenzy today with so many birds and species I was overwhelmed with them lol    The sweet LTT even made a surprise appearance although as always, they don't hang around too long and the photos are not the best !   I will enclose some on this thread along with the treecreeper who was miles up the tree along with Nutty on the tree which made a pleasant change;  I will upload them shortly on here.    

Yes, I do get through some bird feed with this hungry mob but gotta say I feel very lucky to have my feathered visitors, but not forgetting the furred one called Cyril and gang !  Thanks again all :)

• Here are a few photos from the garden today with special appearance by LTT and TC;

All the birds seemed to get on well with one another today, no squabbling and happy to share the food which was nice :)

Nutty hunting for insects   (same oak tree as tree creeper !)

• Beautiful pics Hazy! Those LTTs are a bit special aren't they! Little stunners :)

• Hi Hazel, lovely footage and plenty of variety!! Must be brilliant to capture a tree creeper! And the LLT's are cute!!!