Arne live video
What am I looking at?
Our nest-box camera with a pair of roosting Barn Owls.
Where is it?
At our Arne nature reserve
- Barn owls have nested in this box since 2007
- Barn owlets start fledging after 52-55 days and they will be fully fledged after 67 days
- Their favourite prey food is field voles, although Arne's barn owls have adapted to the coastal location. We have even discovered a redshank skull in a pellet, quite a feat if you look at the length of a redshank bill!
- Barn owls are in decline in the UK. A lack of small mammals associated with the loss of hedgerows and habitat is the main cause
- Visit our online community to get the latest news and join in with the discussion
Thanks to Wildlife Windows for their help with the webcam