Top things to do in Spring
- See rare and beautiful avocets on the pools
- Watch marsh harriers perform their courtship displays
- Hear bitterns boom and up to eight species of warblers sing as the breeding season begins
Top things to do in Summer
- Look for the aerobatic marsh harriers hunting for food to feed their chicks
- Get close views of migrating waders on the lagoons, some still in stunning breeding plumage
- It's a great time for seeing bearded tits around the lagoon edges, along with reed and sedge warblers feeding youngsters
Top things to do in Autumn
- Get close views of migrating waders on the lagoons
- Watch out for water rails running around the lagoons and listen for the 'pinging' calls of flocking bearded tits
- Listen out for the sound of autumn as the geese fly overhead
Top things to do in Winter
- Be here at dusk to see birds of prey flying into their reedbed roosts
- See hundreds of teals and wigeons, calling and feeding in front of our hides
- Watch barn owls hunting in front of the hides, bringing a perfect end to a winter's day
We haven't got any events planned here at the moment. Check out our main events pages to find something up your street (or at least quite near to it).
My girlfriend and I went along for the day and saw birds we do not normally see, including marsh harriers and several waders. But what we didn't think we'd see was a bittern which neither of us had seen before! It was a brill visit and something everyone should do.
Join today and help us protect nature at places like this. Plus enjoy great benefits and a FREE GIFT.
Join the RSPB