Church Road, the main road to the reserve, is currently uneven past St. Margaret's Church due to severe pot holes. We are aware of the situation and working to resolve it. We recommend that visitors with vehicles not suitable for off road use park at the church and walk down to the reserve.
Top things to do in Spring
- Listen for the distinctive rattling song of the corn bunting
- Listen for the 'peewit' calls of lapwings as they perform their tumbling displays in the sky
- Marvel at the sound of singing skylarks in every field
Top things to do in Summer
- Scan the water's edge for colourful dragonflies out on patrol
- Can you catch a glimpse of a bearded tit flying between the reeds?
- Enjoy a picnic overlooking the wet wilderness of this reserve
Top things to do in Autumn
- Walk along the hedgerows and watch flocks of birds enjoying the seed and berry harvest
- Listen out for the 'plop' of a water vole as it dives for safety into a ditch
- Watch the last of the swallows leave for Africa and the arrival of winter waders from colder climes
Top things to do in Winter
- Wrap up warm and blow away the cobwebs with a walk around a trail
- Listen out for a high pitched 'cur-lee' as curlews move around the marshes
- Watch out for a peregrine diving for prey amongst the crowds of winter wildfowl and waders
We haven't got any events planned here at the moment. Check out our main events pages to find something up your street (or at least quite near to it).