Top things to do in Spring
- Listen to morning birdsong
- Watch the tumbling display of the lapwings - or spot them nesting on the islands
- Enjoy the colourful display of cowslips
Top things to do in Summer
- See the goslings and ducklings growing up
- Butterflies, dragonflies and burnet moths add flying splashes of colour
- Get the kids along to our holidaytime activities
Top things to do in Autumn
- Spot water rails, secretive residents of the reedbed
- Discover nature's larder with the displays of mushrooms
- Enjoy cake, a cuppa and the autumn colours on the hills
Top things to do in Winter
- Be entertained by our shape-shifting dusk roost of starlings
- See ducks and waders direct from Siberia
- Great gifts ideas for Christmas - Santa loves nature too!
29 November to 27 December
My husband and I often visit on a Saturday afternoon. It's a real treat. There's alway something interesting to see at this lovely spot and the coffee, cakes and view from the cafe are just great.
Share your own experience on our forum.