This reserve will be changing its admission, event and equipment hire charges as of 1 September 2014. Please see the RSPB Dungeness blog for more information.
Top things to do in Spring
- Look out for the first spring migrants returning from the south
- Listen for marsh frogs calling from the lakes and ditches
- Watch lapwings displaying over the fields
Top things to do in Summer
- Enjoy the amazing wealth of colourful wildflowers around the nature trail
- Watch hobbies hunting insects over Hooker's pits
- Look for dragonflies darting over the lakes and ponds
Top things to do in Autumn
- Spend some time in the hides looking for migrant waders such as green and common sandpipers, little stints and greenshanks
- Look and listen for flocks of goldfinches and linnets feeding around the nature trail
- Sit for a while and watch the setting sun turn the reedbeds to gold
Top things to do in Winter
- See hundreds of ducks and geese including wigeons, shovelers, goldeneyes and smews gather on the pits
- Check the reedbeds carefully for bitterns
- Birdwatch in comfort from our cosy Visitor Centre
27 November to 10 January 2015
14 January 2015
My family and I had a great day at Dungeness. We saw the glossy ibises, two marsh harriers, a godwit and many more of our usual birds. What more could you ask for? Good weather, great birdwatching and such wonderful, helpful people in the visitor centre. Can't wait to go back!
Share your own experience on our forum.