Top things to do in Spring
- Come for a spot of pond dipping or mini-beasting and see what creepy crawlies you can find
- View our amazing heronry and watch the herons claim their nests and raise their young
- All the wildlife is gearing up for nesting season - come and see our nestbox cam or look out for chicks on the reserve
Top things to do in Summer
- Buy a packet of duck food and give our ducks and swans a tasty treat
- Enjoy an ice cream or picnic on the grass outside the visitor centre
- Watch the dragonflies and butterflies basking on the paths - or even join us on a safari to take a closer look!
Top things to do in Autumn
- Take a stroll around the reserve and crunch the leaves under your feet whilst taking in the vibrant autumnal colours of the trees
- Catch a glimpse of a stunning kingfisher at our special watchpoint and if you're lucky you'll get that fantastic photo opportunity
- Come and see the birds stop off on their journey south for the winter
Top things to do in Winter
- Enjoy a nice hot cuppa and a piece of cake whilst watching the garden birds on our feeders
- Blow off the cobwebs with a brisk walk through the reserve in its winter wonderland setting
- Lots of wintering ducks love to come to the reserve - look out for smews, goosanders and goldeneyes on Main Lake
I think Fairburn Ings is brilliant! It has a fabulous pond dipping station which me and my sister couldn't draw ourselves away from. While you are sat eating your lunch you can watch regular and sometimes rare birds from really close up feeders! Also the staff are friendly and there is an ace gift shop selling everything from books to feeders. I think it is a fab place for a family day out and I will defo go again!
Share your own experience on our forum.
Join today and help us protect nature at places like this. Plus enjoy great benefits and a FREE GIFT.
Join the RSPB