Top things to do in Spring
- Hear the boom of a bittern from deep within the reedbed
- Watch hobbies stop off on migration from Africa to hunt insects overhead
- Great crested grebes perform their enchanting 'weed dance' on the water
Top things to do in Summer
- Watch bitterns flying over the reedbed, taking food back to their ever-hungry chicks
- Barn owls hunt silently over the grassy banks at dusk
- The strange croaking of hundreds of marsh frogs
Top things to do in Autumn
- See the flash of a kingfisher diving for fish
- Hundreds of wigeons, teals and shovelers arrive for the winter
- Observe the changing colours in the reedbed and trees
Top things to do in Winter
- Water rails perform their own version of Dancing on Ice!
- Is it getting 'otter? See if you can spot this slinky fish-eater
- Marsh harriers circle and glide over the golden reedbeds
We haven't got any events planned here at the moment. Check out our main events pages to find something up your street (or at least quite near to it).
Join today and help us protect nature at places like this. Plus enjoy great benefits and a FREE GIFT.
Join the RSPB