The Llechwedd Du (Red) trail is open but very muddy. Wellies are recommended!
Top things to do in Spring
- See newborn lambs on a visit to our organic farm
- Look out for displays from our birds of prey, including goshawks, peregrines, buzzards and red kites, plus hen harriers and merlins over the moorland
- Spot siskins on the feeders outside the shop and Coed y Capel hide
Top things to do in Summer
- Hire a bike and set off on the 12-mile lakeside road
- Visit the spectacular waterfall in the Rhiwargor valley at the head of the lake
- Enjoy a ramble in the countryside along a choice of eight walks
Top things to do in Autumn
- Visit the blanket bog and search out cottongrass, sundews or colourful Sphagnum moss
- Admire the lake, surrounding hills, and woodlands in their spectacular autumn colours
- Enjoy a leaf-crunching walk in the woods
Top things to do in Winter
- Hundreds of redwings and fieldfares arrive to spend the winter in the reserve's woodlands
- See waterbirds such as teals, goosanders, little grebes and mallards on the lake
- The moorland and mountains are bleak but beautiful during winter
4 April to 6 December
4 April to 4 May
What an experience! Lambing on the farm, absolutely brilliant, thank you.
Share your own experience on our forum.