The reserve will close at 3pm on 25 March to allow the end-of-year stocktake to take place, but will reopen as usual from 9.30 am the following day. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Top things to do in Spring
- Watch out for the spectacular sky dance of our marsh harriers
- Take a stroll through the reeds listening for our 'booming' bittern
- Get up early to experience the fantastic sound of the dawn chorus
Top things to do in Summer
- Watch the red deer grazing around the pools or join us for a deer watch in the evening
- Enjoy seeing the butterflies and dragonflies as they drift by, searching for food
- Be amazed at the sight of marsh harriers passing food to each other while flying
Top things to do in Autumn
- Get some great views of the charming bearded tits coming out of the reeds
- Enjoy an autumnal woodland walk, then treat yourself to some scrummy cake in the cafe!
- Welcome back our winter birds from their summer vacation
Top things to do in Winter
- Stay until dusk and watch for huge flocks of starlings coming to roost
- Get a special glimpse of a bittern venturing to the edge of the frozen pools
- Look for some more unusual visitors to our woodland bird feeding station
1 March to 31 March
3 March and 20 March
Join today and help us protect nature at places like this. Plus enjoy great benefits and a FREE GIFT.
Join the RSPB