The Seabird Centre will be closed for major refurbishment works during the 2014 summer season. There will be no access to the West Lighthouse while work is ongoing. The work will improve the facilities at the Seabird Centre, making the experience at Rathlin better than ever.
There is still plenty to see and do on Rathlin Island this summer though - make sure to check out our events to find out what's happening.
Top things to do in Spring
- From May onwards, the seabird breeding season really gets going
- Take the Roonivoolin Walk - look out for buzzards, peregrines, ravens
- Enjoy the island's tranquillity
Top things to do in Summer
- From the Centre, can you spot seabird chicks on the daunting cliff edges?
- Look out for choughs feeding along the Roonivoolin Walk
- There's a spectacular display of wildflowers, including heath-spotted orchids
Top things to do in Autumn
- Look for seals basking at Church Bay
- Will you spot wading birds roosting on the rocks?
- Listen for the 'chow!' calls of the choughs as they ride the sea breeze
Top things to do in Winter
- Stormy weather and big waves bring great photo opportunities
- Enjoy the tranquillity of the island
- Take a stroll at Roonivoolin
We haven't got any events planned here at the moment. Check out our main events pages to find something up your street (or at least quite near to it).