Top things to do in Spring
- Look out for the beautiful kingfishers as they try to raise a family
- Can you spot the first common terns arriving at Rye Meads?
- Listen for birds, especially warblers, singing all around the reserve
Top things to do in Summer
- Look in the dappled light for speckled wood butterflies
- Try to spot common darter dragonflies patrolling up and down their territories
- While enjoying a stroll, listen out for the explosive call of Cetti's warblers
Top things to do in Autumn
- Time to welcome back the autumn migrants - will you be the first to see a redwing or fieldfare?
- Watch out for well-camouflaged snipe feeding in the cut reeds
- As the evenings draw in, it's possible to see flocks of starlings and buntings swirling over the reedbeds before going to roost
Top things to do in Winter
- Enjoy the beauty and peace of the reserve in winter, but remember to bring a flask!
- Ducks a-dabbling, ducks a-diving - come and see a duck spectacular
- Search the reed edges for elusive water rails
We haven't got any events planned here at the moment. Check out our main events pages to find something up your street (or at least quite near to it).
Join today and help us protect nature at places like this. Plus enjoy great benefits and a FREE GIFT.
Join the RSPB