Christchurch Winter Bird Boats with the RSPB
Sunday 16 September to Sunday 31 March
10 am-12 noon
Price: Adults £12, children (under 13) £6, RSPB members £10
Join us for an exciting opportunity of seeing some of Dorset’s spectacular birds on our boat trip around Christchurch harbour.
The harbour is home to all kinds of amazing wildlife including splendid black-and-white lapwings with their distinctive flight and graceful white little egrets. If you are really lucky you might catch a glimpse of a stunning kingfisher as it dives past us whilst hunting for a tasty fish!
In the winter the muddy sandbanks and saltmarsh are the perfect feeding grounds for waders such as curlews and oystercatchers, wigeon ( a duck that is smaller than a mallard) and brent geese. What will YOU see?
Meet at the ferry flag on Mudeford Quay. The boat has no refreshment facilities, therefore you are very welcome to bring your own food and drink. Please bring warm clothing as the boat is open to the elements.
Booking essential with Mudeford Ferries on 07968 334441.
* charming fishing village at entrance to Christchurch Harbour
* traditionally linked with smuggling over the centuries
* picturesque quay - lobster pots, old fishermen's cottages and Haven House Inn
* fresh fish can be bought from the fish stall
* only two miles from Christchurch
About Mudeford Quay:
* on edge of Mudeford Harbour and Christchurch Harbour
* stunning views across the harbour and bay
* on land spit at the entrance to Christchurch Harbour
* cafe plus a pub (serves snacks, hot food and drinks)
* outdoor seating
* large car park
At the A35 roundabout just east of Christchurch follow the brown tourist sign towards Mudeford Quay. At the next roundabout (Hoburne roundabout) turn right, again following the brown tourist sign for Mudeford Quay. Follow this road for just over a mile until you see a turning on the left signposted Mudeford Quay.
Full list of dates
- Sunday 16 September 2012
- Sunday 30 September 2012
- Sunday 14 October 2012
- Sunday 28 October 2012
- Sunday 18 November 2012
- Sunday 2 December 2012
- Sunday 16 December 2012
- Sunday 30 December 2012
- Sunday 13 January 2013
- Sunday 27 January 2013
- Sunday 3 March 2013
- Sunday 31 March 2013