Print page

Report a wildlife crime

  1. If it is urgent, such as an incident involving firearms or immediate danger telephone the police.
  2. Sick or injured birds or animals, such as pigeons trapped in netting or injured swans should be reported to RSPCA in England and Wales (0300 1234 999), SSPCA in Scotland (03000 999 999) or USPCA in Northern Ireland (028 3025 1000).
  3. The Investigations team works with UK police forces and other agencies to help catch wildlife criminals, particularly involving bird of prey persecution, the illegal trapping and taking of birds, illegal trade and egg collecting. If you have information about any of these things, send us a report using the link on the right.

In more depth