During an internship with us, you can volunteer on a project or specialist piece of work. Our placements last for three, six, nine or 12 months.
You'll need to commit to volunteering for three to five days a week, 7.5 to eight hours a day, depending on which project you choose.
As an intern you will receive:
- travel expenses to and from your placement, or accommodation will be provided if you do residential volunteering
- supervision, coaching and support throughout the internship
- any appropriate training required
- advice and support on writing your CV and application forms, as well as interview skills
- access to our internal vacancy list
- a reference on satisfactory completion of the volunteer internship.
Search for an internship to suit you below.
Commitment: One to two days per week
East Lothian, Edinburgh, Midlothian, West Lothian
Commitment: At least 2 days per week and chance to support the event on 23&24 May 2015
Duration: 4 - 5 months
Commitment: One half day per week
Duration: January - May 2015
Commitment: 3 days a week
Duration: 6 months
Commitment: 3 to 5 days a week. 9am to 5.15pm
Duration: 6-9 months
My internship gave me a wide variety of skills and experience, giving me a valuable insight to the world of conservation. All the staff have been extremely helpful in giving guidance on how to start a career in this sector and the passion of the organisation is immense. I really cannot speak highly enough of residential volunteering and the organisation as a whole.
Chris Swatridge, Residential Intern