On your marks, get set, go...to RSPB Lochwinnoch!
6 August 2012
Media and Communications Officer
As Olympic fever grips the UK, a leading Renfrewshire nature reserve will this weekend launch its own version of the famous Games.
On Sunday 12 August, from 10am – 4pm, RSPB Lochwinnoch is inviting visitors to try their hand at a series of challenges inspired by not only the Olympic Games in London, but also the natural environment.
The sponsored team heptathlon will put the participants to the test competing in events such as welly wanging, archery, shot put and a 100 metre four legged race.
Those who complete the challenge will be awarded medals as well as a special prize for the best overall team score.
In addition to the sponsored team event there will be homebaking, crafts and activities for the whole family throughout the day.
Adjudicator Paula Baker, better known as RSPB Lochwinnoch’s Assistant Site Manager, said: “We have some amazing record breakers in the world of wildlife from diving beasties to super fast fliers, so with that in mind we wanted to put our visitors to the test with a nature inspired version of the Games. As well as learning more about local wildlife, those taking part will be raising vital funds for nature. So if you think you’re team has what it takes to win gold at the Lochwinnoch Games make sure you pay us a visit.”
To enter your team please Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an entry pack, which contains all you need to know to take part, or phone 01505 842 663 for more information.
· The Heptathlon will consist of:
1. A 2km walk
2. A 100m four legged sprint
3. Welly wanging
4. Shot put
6. Wildlife hoopla
7. A mystery event for the whole team to compete in
· What you need to do to enter:
• Email email@example.com for an entry pack, which contains all you need to know to take part, or phone 01505 842 663 for more information.
• Ask four friends or family members to take part with you and then send us your entry form.
• Start collecting your sponsorship money (a minimum of £30 per team is needed to enter), tell all of your friends about it, share on Facebook, Twitter etc.
• Get training!
· For details of this and all the other fantastic things you can do at Lochwinnoch please visit our webpage.