Top things to do in Spring
- Listen for Cetti's warblers in the dense bushes around the marsh - if you’re lucky you may see one
- See the tiny wild daffodils in Centurion's Copse
- Watch displaying lapwings across the marsh
Top things to do in Summer
- View young buzzards circling together from Gander Down
- Visit Centurion's Copse but beware of red squirrels dropping fresh hazelnuts on your head!
- Hear reed warblers singing from the ditches all around the marsh
Top things to do in Autumn
- View the swifts, swallows and martins as they feed up before heading south to Africa
- Check out the yellow wagtails around the feet of the cattle
- Look for scarce birds of prey that might pass over
Top things to do in Winter
- See the numbers of wigeon, teal, shoveler and lapwing increase as the winter draws on
- Look for short-eared owls hunting the marsh
- Watch masses of fieldfares and redwings around Centurion's Copse
We haven't got any events planned here at the moment. Check out our main events pages to find something up your street (or at least quite near to it).
We want to hear what you think about our website. Can you help us improve it? We have a quick survey for you - it'll only take around 3 minutes.
Tell us what you think!