Top things to do in Spring
- Book yourself on to a black grouse safari running every weekend in April
- Take a walk through the woodland and discover the new flowers underfoot
- Enjoy nature’s orchestra as newly-arrived birds sing to attract a mate and defend territories
Top things to do in Summer
- Look and listen at Loch Comhnard for summer visiting birds such as common sandpipers, red-throated divers, greenshanks and the occasional osprey
- Watch out for the yellow flowers of the bog asphodel and the pink of heath spotted orchid on the wetter parts of the moor
- Long summer days provide plenty of flying time for bugs and beasties to devour nectar, sap and each other!
Top things to do in Autumn
- In early autumn, catch sight of the dragonflies' aerobatic displays while hunting on the wing
- Enjoy a feast for your eyes as the flora of the hills and woods change into their rich, spicy autumnal colours.
- The woodland plays host to a myriad of fungi on the floor and deadwood
Top things to do in Winter
- Look out for roving winter flocks of redwings, siskins, crossbills and other finches in the tree tops
- On a crisp frosty day, enjoy a winter stroll through the reserve while it's clothed in white
- Watch out for deer coming down from the high tops for more shelter and food
We haven't got any events planned here at the moment. Check out our main events pages to find something up your street (or at least quite near to it).