7 February 2013
Before you visit
- Open at all times under Scottish access legislation
- No visitor centre, catering or reception staff
- Free entry
- Registered assistance, and other, dogs under close control, welcome.
How to get here
- Nearest train station is Nairn, 2 miles (3 km) away. Taxi rank. Accessible taxis include Nairnshire Taxis, tel: 01667 455588. Access by footpaths following Cawdor Road, Nairn High Street and Harbour St, then footbridge and road through caravan park
- Nearest bus stop St. Ninians road, 1 mile (1.5 km). Information from Rapsons on 0870 608 2608 or Stagecoach on 01862 892683. Access via Harbour St then as above
- By road pass through Nairn on the A96 from Inverness, cross the river, take the first left towards the caravan park on Maggot Road. At the road end, turn right, through the caravan park to the car park.
- Free car park (owned by Highland Council) at East Beach with space for about 40 cars
- Bike rack space for 10 bikes.
- Flat, surfaced linear path from the East Beach car park to Ministers Pool, 750 m.
- No formal viewing facilities.
Toilets and baby changing facilities
- Accessible toilets with baby-changing facilities are available at the car park at East Beach. The toilets require a RADAR key. Seasonal.
- Nearest refreshments, including hot food, in Nairn, 1.5 miles (2.5 km).
- A field teaching service is available for nursery and primary aged children. Programmes are tailored to suit group requirements.
For more information