Top things to do in Spring
- Listen to the mellow song of woodlarks
- Feast the eyes on a liquid shimmer of bluebells
- Enjoy the dawn chorus
Top things to do in Summer
- Visit at dusk to watch bats, nightjars and woodcocks
- Watch dragonflies buzzing around the pond
- See the heath swathed in purple when the heather is in flower
Top things to do in Autumn
- Admire the many different kinds of fungi
- Feel the crunch of fallen leaves underfoot in the chestnut coppice
- Watch green woodpeckers feeding on ants in the sunshine
Top things to do in Winter
- Listen for the 'chip, chip' of crossbills in the pines
- Watch siskins and lesser redpolls feeding in the tree tops
- Just enjoy a walk on a crisp winter's day
We haven't got any events planned here at the moment. Check out our main events pages to find something up your street (or at least quite near to it).
We want to hear what you think about our website. Can you help us improve it? We have a quick survey for you - it'll only take around 3 minutes.
Tell us what you think!