Top things to do in Spring
- See golden plovers feeding on the farm
- Watch for 'skydancing' hen harriers
- Join a guided walk to hear breeding waders getting ready to nest
Top things to do in Summer
- See dragonflies on the lochans by the visitor centre - watch for the rare azure hawker
- View the live CCTV hen harrier nestwatch in the visitor centre
- Look for rare peatland plants like the carnivorous sundew
Top things to do in Autumn
- Listen for wild red deer as they start rutting
- Watch the landscape changing colour into autumn tones of russet and gold
- Hen harriers can still be seen in the strath and golden eagles occasionally drift down from the hills
Top things to do in Winter
- Get great views of the red deer as they come closer to the roads in the winter months
- Early breeding ravens can be seen and heard overhead in their pair-bonding display flights
- Views of the open landscape become crystal clear in the cold air, or can close right in with bad weather!
We haven't got any events planned here at the moment. Check out our main events pages to find something up your street (or at least quite near to it).
We want to hear what you think about our website. Can you help us improve it? We have a quick survey for you - it'll only take around 3 minutes.
Tell us what you think!