Top things to do in Spring
- Watch out for flocks of dunlins and ringed plovers dropping in to the lagoons on their way north
- Marvel at the intensity of the shelducks' displays
- Search the posts and banks for wheatears just back from Africa
Top things to do in Summer
- Walk the sea wall and lose yourself in the skylarks' song
- Look for wildflowers on the saltmarsh edge
- Enjoy the antics of nesting oystercatchers
Top things to do in Autumn
- Watch flocks of nervous teals flying to and fro, looking for somewhere safe to feed
- Listen to the whistling wigeons just back for the winter – all the way from Siberia
- Search the hedgerows for small birds like blackcaps and goldcrests on their migration south
Top things to do in Winter
- Shelter at Karen's Viewpoint and scan the horizon for a hunting hen harrier or merlin
- Listen out for flocks of Bewick's and whooper swans dropping into the lagoons to bathe or onto nearby stubble fields
- Watch the antics of the flocks of fieldfares in the hawthorn hedgerows
We haven't got any events planned here at the moment. Check out our main events pages to find something up your street (or at least quite near to it).
We want to hear what you think about our website. Can you help us improve it? We have a quick survey for you - it'll only take around 3 minutes.
Tell us what you think!