The car park is currently closed except for organised events and by prior arrangement.
Top things to do in Spring
- Listen to birdsong, particularly the beautiful song of the newly-arrived nightingales
- See the spring flush of wildflowers and newly-emerged butterflies
- Look out for displaying and nest-building ravens
Top things to do in Summer
- Explore the woodland and walk the nature trail
- The rare Tintern spurge can be seen growing on bare ground along some of the paths
- Woodland butterflies are at their best at this time, with white admirals and white-letter hairstreaks sometimes seen
Top things to do in Autumn
- See the autumn colour
- Look for winter visiting birds that are now arriving, with bramblings and redwings being regular visitors
- See fungi growing on the dead wood and on the woodland floor
Top things to do in Winter
- Watch out for roving flocks of woodland birds, including marsh tits
- See the sparkly spiders' webs on a frosty morning
- Look for deer and badger tracks crossing the footpaths and nature trail
We want to hear what you think about our website. Can you help us improve it? We have a quick survey for you - it'll only take around 3 minutes.
Tell us what you think!