The Llechwedd Du (Red) trail is open but very muddy. Wellies are recommended!
Top things to do in Spring
- See newborn lambs on a visit to our organic farm
- Look out for displays from our birds of prey, including goshawks, peregrines, buzzards and red kites, plus hen harriers and merlins over the moorland
- Spot siskins on the feeders outside the shop and Coed y Capel hide
Top things to do in Summer
- Hire a bike and set off on the 12-mile lakeside road
- Visit the spectacular waterfall in the Rhiwargor valley at the head of the lake
- Enjoy a ramble in the countryside along a choice of eight walks
Top things to do in Autumn
- Visit the blanket bog and search out cottongrass, sundews or colourful Sphagnum moss
- Admire the lake, surrounding hills, and woodlands in their spectacular autumn colours
- Enjoy a leaf-crunching walk in the woods
Top things to do in Winter
- Hundreds of redwings and fieldfares arrive to spend the winter in the reserve's woodlands
- See waterbirds such as teals, goosanders, little grebes and mallards on the lake
- The moorland and mountains are bleak but beautiful during winter
What an experience! Lambing on the farm, absolutely brilliant, thank you.
Share your own experience on our forum.
We want to hear what you think about our website. Can you help us improve it? We have a quick survey for you - it'll only take around 3 minutes.
Tell us what you think!