Top things to do in Spring
- Listen for drumming great spotted woodpeckers, along with warblers recently returned from Africa
- See the black-headed gull colony in front of the hides
- Watch blue tits and great tits making use of the nestboxes
Top things to do in Summer
- Watch ospreys fishing over the loch, often very close to the hides
- Wander along the trail over the marsh flowers
- Sit quietly in a hide to catch a glimpse of a water rail feeding at the waters edge
Top things to do in Autumn
- Stop, look and listen for red squirrels all through the woodland edge
- Watch flocks of starlings gathering over the reedbed at dusk, or listen to them 'explode' from the reeds at sunrise
- Admire the colours of autumn as leaves fall along the trail
Top things to do in Winter
- Listen to the haunting calls of whooper swans
- Look out for female hen harriers hunting over the reserve
- See siskins, bullfinches and long-tailed tits feeding in flocks around the reserve
We haven't got any events planned here at the moment. Check out our main events pages to find something up your street (or at least quite near to it).
We want to hear what you think about our website. Can you help us improve it? We have a quick survey for you - it'll only take around 3 minutes.
Tell us what you think!