Top things to do in Spring
- Walk the lanes and tracks enjoying displaying waders: lapwings, curlews, snipe and oystercatchers
- Walk the beaches being mobbed by Arctic terns, occasional skuas and observant seals
- Visit the old St Magnus Kirk and site of his execution
Top things to do in Summer
- Walk from the ferry across the island to the dunes and beach, enjoying the wild flowers and birds along the way
- Walk down the island to the burial mounds near the southern end, enjoying lane-side wild flowers and wildfowl in the pools
- Enjoy the inspirational atmosphere of this beautiful, quiet place and paint, write, photograph, or just ponder
Top things to do in Autumn
- Enjoy wild walks around the island
- Photograph the dramatic skies and sea
- Look for migrant birds from the north arriving or passing through
Top things to do in Winter
- Walk the shores looking out for flocks of eiders and long-tailed ducks and divers
- Look through the stubble fields full of twites, snow buntings and geese
- Prepare for wild weather
We haven't got any events planned here at the moment. Check out our main events pages to find something up your street (or at least quite near to it).
We want to hear what you think about our website. Can you help us improve it? We have a quick survey for you - it'll only take around 3 minutes.
Tell us what you think!