Top things to do in Spring
- See lapwings, redshanks and snipe displaying over the grasslands
- See turtle doves and cuckoos moving along the hedgerows
- Experience the changing hedgerows: blackthorn flowers in March-April and then the hawthorn flowers in May
Top things to do in Summer
- See hobbies hawking over the grasslands
- See dragonflies and damselflies patrolling ditches and pools
- Watch butterflies dancing along the footpath rides
Top things to do in Autumn
- Look for migrating birds from the hide and viewing screens
- Listen out for arriving fieldfares and redwings
- Watch the ever-changing skies as winter draws closer
Top things to do in Winter
- Experience 50,000 starlings coming to roost in the reedbed
- See vast wader flocks moving around the reserve
- Watch large numbers of ducks of many different species
We haven't got any events planned here at the moment. Check out our main events pages to find something up your street (or at least quite near to it).
We want to hear what you think about our website. Can you help us improve it? We have a quick survey for you - it'll only take around 3 minutes.
Tell us what you think!