5 December: Saltholme will be closing at 3 pm today. A combination of high tides and the strong winds means that there is a high likelihood of flooding both on site and in the surrounding area. We are therefore taking the precaution of closing the site early to allow staff and visitors to get home safely.
Top things to do in Spring
- Look out for our breeding common terns - we've got one of the largest colonies in the UK!
- Visit the wildlife garden and enjoy the sights, sounds and smells
- You might be lucky enough to spot brown hares boxing in the meadow
Top things to do in Summer
- Come and see our amazingly colourful wildlife like yellow wagtails and dragonflies
- Pack a picnic and enjoy the great outdoors - there are picnic tables in some choice spots
- Go pond dipping or join in a minibeast safari
Top things to do in Autumn
- Witness thousands of starlings stealing the show with their late afternoon roost
- Relax in the café with a bowl of homemade soup
- Children can burn off some energy in the adventure play area
Top things to do in Winter
- Pick up all your Christmas presents in our shop
- See massive flocks of birds scatter as peregrines fly above them
- Thousands of waterbirds assemble on the pools during winter
We want to hear what you think about our website. Can you help us improve it? We have a quick survey for you - it'll only take around 3 minutes.
Tell us what you think!