The visitor facilities at St Aidan's, including the car park and visitor centre, are temporarily closed due to a number of issues around land ownership. Leeds City Council and Harworth Estates (the property arm of UK Coal) are now working to sort out the outstanding issues. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. As soon as we have further information, we will let you know.
Top things to do in Spring
- Go for a stroll through the woodlands and enjoy the early spring flowers and calls of woodland birds
- Listen out for the deep booming call of courting bitterns in the reedbeds
- Enjoy the spectacle of wildflowers growing in the grasslands and the bees and butterflies that visit them
Top things to do in Summer
- Look out for brightly-coloured dragonflies patrolling the lakes and ponds
- Sit on the hillside and enjoy a picnic whilst taking in the stunning landscape
- Keep an eye out for chicks and ducklings around the water's edge as they explore
Top things to do in Autumn
- Enjoy the changes in colour as trees turn golden-brown and shed their leaves
- Get your bike out and hit the trails!
- Look out for visiting birds from around the world
Top things to do in Winter
- Bring your camera to capture the beauty of a Yorkshire winter
- Spot birds of prey hunting for food
- Warm up with a cuppa in the visitor centre after a wild winter walk
We haven't got any events planned here at the moment. Check out our main events pages to find something up your street (or at least quite near to it).