West Berkshire Council will transfer the management of the Nature Discovery Centre to the Berks, Bucks & Oxon Wildlife Trust on Monday 6 January 2014. The RSPB is no longer running the field-teaching scheme. For more details, see our change in management page.
Top things to do in Spring
- See the arrival of common terns and watch close-up on the Tern Raft camera
- Enjoy Easter Trails around the Centre, including the new butterfly area
- Get up early to marvel at the dawn chorus, at its noisiest in May
Top things to do in Summer
- Try pond dipping at our newly-renovated pond!
- How about minibeast hunting in the woodland area?
- Join in with our regular bird walks or sessions in the hide
Top things to do in Autumn
- Marvel at the variety of fungi growing
- Try your hand at tree identification, before all the leaves drop off!
- Learn about migration and hibernation - build a hibernation home!
Top things to do in Winter
- Watch visiting winter waterfowl on the lake
- Come into the classroom to try some craft activities
- Learn how you can help birds through a cold winter
We haven't got any events planned here at the moment. Check out our main events pages to find something up your street (or at least quite near to it).