At present there is no disabled access to the beach due to the collapse of the beach boardwalk.
Top things to do in Spring
- Watch big, spectacular birds of prey 'dancing' in the sky
- See brilliant wildlife all the way from the car park to the beach and back
- Browse the well-stocked shop or relax with coffee and cake from the café
Top things to do in Summer
- Take part in our free family activities from Monday to Friday during the holidays
- Watch this year's young marsh harriers take their first flights
- Join one of our guides on a free walk to enjoy more than 100 species of wildlife
Top things to do in Autumn
- See hundreds of birds resting on the reserve as they migrate south from the Arctic
- Look out for v-shaped squadrons of pink-footed geese arriving from Iceland and Greenland
- As daylight hours shorten, enjoy the browns, golds and oranges of our autumnal landscapes
Top things to do in Winter
- Enjoy 'up close and personal' views of hundreds of geese and ducks from Island hide
- Blow away the winter blues and beachcomb our fabulous shoreline - especially good after a winter storm
- Warm up with a delicious hot meal from the 'Feeding station' café
20 April to 22 April
21 April to 30 May
22 April to 27 May
My visit was perfect - the weather was fab, the facilities great, large shop, good restaurant. Lots of information about events and knowledgable and friendly staff. The reserve had a great variety of different bird species, comfortable hides and viewing areas and - last but not least - a beautiful sandy beach. I will be back for a longer visit next time!
Share your own experience on our forum.