RSPB Quarterly Raffle Rules
16 September 2013
- The draw will take place on the day promoted on the RSPB Raffle mail pack. There are four draws each year - Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter.
- Applications must be from players aged 16 years old or over. No person under this age is allowed by law to enter the RSPB Quarterly Raffle.
- Any person who has entered the RSPB Quarterly Raffle who is under 16 years old will automatically forfeit any prize and will be excluded from future entries. If a child under 16 years old is found to have participated in a lottery after the lottery draw has taken place, then a full refund will be made to that person and any prizes that might otherwise have been due to them will not be paid out. If prizes have already been paid out, all reasonable attempts will be made to recover them.
- The RSPB reserves the right without notice or reason to cancel or refuse entry to the raffle. The RSPB decision on all matters affecting the draw is final and legally binding. No correspondence regarding the results of the draw will be entered into.
- Complaints will be handled in line with complaints procedure found within RSPB Policy & Procedure. This is available online at www.rspb.org.uk/gamblingpolicy Complaints that cannot be resolved by the RSPB including personal attention from the Promoter will be escalated to a third party; the Fundraising Standards Board.
- Top three winners will be notified by telephone where a telephone number is available. A list of winners will be published on our website at www.rspb.org.uk/winners the next working day after the draw. The list of winners can also be accessed by calling RSPB Membership Services.
- The RSPB reserves the right to publish the names of winners.
- The cost of each ticket and entry is £1. New players will be sent no more than 12 tickets.
- There are no alternatives to the cash prizes and no interest is payable. Payment of prizes will be made by cheque by post within 21 days.
- Tickets may not be sold in the street.
- The RSPB accepts no liability for loss, theft or delay due to post or for any interest for late items. The RSPB is not liable for any late bank payments.
- RSPB staff and their families are excluded from playing the Raffle. Woods Response Services employees are excluded from playing the Raffle.
- No detail in the application may be changed in any way once it has been submitted except for change of address.
- The RSPB Quarterly Raffle is open to residents of England, Wales and Scotland. No entrants are allowed from Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, or the Isle of Man.
- The RSPB Quarterly raffle is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
Supporting Information used in promotion of RSPB Raffle
The RSPB is licensed by the Gambling Commission, and this lottery is run under the rules laid down by the Gambling Act 2005 (www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk
The RSPB Quarterly Raffle is intended to be a fun way to support the RSPB and the vital work we do. If you feel you have a problem with gambling you should visit GamCare’s website where you can get help and advice www.gamcare.org.uk
or contact the GamCare National Helpline on 0808 8020133, lines open 8 am until midnight.
The person responsible for this lottery is K. Sharpe at RSPB, The Lodge, Sandy, Bedfordshire SG19 2DL. The Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB) is a registered charity: England and Wales no. 207076, Scotland no. SC037654. The RSPB, UK Headquarters, The Lodge, Sandy, Bedfordshire SG19 2DL.