How to enter
The awards are now closed for entries. Thank you to those that took the time to support this initiative - we received over 70 entries! The shortlist was announced at the Garden Lobby of the Scottish Parliament 18 June.
The winners will be presented with their awards at a black tie dinner at the prestigious Sheraton Grand Hotel, in Edinburgh, on 30 October.
If you would like any information, from booking a table at the award ceremony to how you can be involved in the Awards next year please email email@example.com or call 0131 317 4100.
- Open for entries: 14 November 2012
- Close for entries: 15 March 2013
- Shortlist announced, Garden Lobby, Scottish Parliament: 18 June 2013
- Awards presentation dinner, Edinburgh: October 2013
Who can enter?
Anyone can enter the awards, from businesses, public sector organisations, community groups, politicians and individuals, provided they or the project they are working on is linked to Scotland.
It is free to enter the Nature of Scotland Awards. Entries are welcome from projects or individuals that have been active in the last three years, since November 2009, except where stated otherwise (i.e. politician of the year). The same entry may be submitted for more than one category. You can nominate yourself or your project, or you can nominate another person or project.
Writing your report
In no more than 1,000 words (excluding your executive summary), provide a report illustrating why your entry is head and shoulders above the rest. You may include up to five photos that help tell the story or illustrate the success of the initiative. Please do not include these in the body of the report - attach them separately.
If you have any video footage that would support your entry, please provide a link as we cannot accept discs or memory sticks.
What to include in your report
- An executive summary of 250 words. Give an overview of your initiative - what makes your entry outstanding? Get across your key achievements, be clear and concise and enthuse the judges to find out more.
- Purpose of the initiative. What is the background to the initiative? How and why was it created? Explain the cause and effect of the situation.
- Objectives. What did you aim to achieve? How did you hope to achieve this? How is the initiative funded?
- Solution. What was your strategy? What timeframe are you / were you working to? Include any partnership workings.
- Results or expected results. Explanation, scale and proof of results or projected results brought about through the initiative. Use facts to substantiate your claims. Include relevant dates. Was there any positive impact on climate change?
- Supporting evidence to include (optional). Attach up to five photos or include a link to any video footage.
For the Politician of the Year Award
- An executive summary of 250 words. Give an overview of what makes your entry outstanding. Who is the politician? Get across their aims, achievements and vision for the environment in Scotland.
- Working for nature. What have they done to deserve this nomination, what policy areas have they worked on? What have they done to implement changes to improve Scottish wildlife, nature and the environment? How have they gone about making these changes?
- Results or expected results. Examples of questions, motions, debates and projects that demonstrate your entries’ work for nature. Explanation, scale and proof of results or projected results brought about from the politicians actions. Include relevant dates.
- Supporting evidenceto include (optional): Attach up to five photos or include a link to any video footage.
How do I enter?
- Please download an entry form from this page and fill it in
- Email your entry form and your report to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attach any supporting images that help tell the story or illustrate the success (a maximum of five)
- Include links to any supporting videos
- Please ensure that your entry is received by the submission deadline of 15 March 2013
- You can submit the same entry for different categories where relevant
- You must complete a new application for each category.