Volunteer gardener - Dungeness
Why we want you
We' re looking for a couple of people to help us with the renovation and ongoing maintenance of the garden around the farmhouse on the reserve.
There will also be scope to assist with the creation and maintenance of a wildlife garden at the visitor centre on the reserve.
Tasks would include:
- clearing some existing scrub and vegetation
- planting vegetable crops
- propagating plants
- general tidying tasks like mowing, pruning and weeding.
- possibly assisting with construction tasks in the visitor centre wildlife garden e.g. pond creation, shingle rock garden building or raised bed construction.
What’s in it for you?
A great opportunity to play an integral part in helping us create a more wildlife friendly garden at the farmhouse, and at the reserve visitor centre. Work in a stunning environment and get closer to all the nature at Dungeness - you will get an excellent view of the local tree sparrow population that feed in the farmhouse garden!
The skills you need
- Good general knowledge and experience of gardening and horticulture
- A creative flair
- An ability to carry out some manual work (e.g. vegetation clearance, digging and general manual handling)
- A willingness to work outside in a range of weather conditions
- Able to use initiative
- Approachable and friendly
- A general enthusiasm for nature
Minimum commitment: A couple of times a month
Period: All year round
Who to contact
Tel: 07595 655173
We would reimburse you for all out- of- pocket expenses, invite you to volunteer thank you events, send you copies of our bi-annual volunteer newsletter, and of course give you ongoing support in your role.
The RSPB works for a healthy environment rich in birds and wildlife. It relies on the support and generosity of volunteers to make a difference. The RSPB is the UK Partner of the global federation of conservation organisations, Bird Life International.
Reference number: 2337