Our fundraising promise
We are members of the fundraising regulator self-regulatory scheme. The Fundraising Regulator works to ensure that organisations raising money for charity from the public do so honestly and properly.
About our promise
Please note the RSPB is currently in the process of registering with the new Fundraising Regulator.
These pages will be updated upon completion of registration and this will also include the Scottish Fundraising Complaints process.
As members of the scheme, we follow the Codes of Fundraising Practice and comply with the key principles embodied in the codes and in this promise.
We are committed to high standards
- We do all we can to ensure that fundraisers, volunteers and fundraising contractors working with us to raise funds comply with the codes and with this promise
- We comply with the law including those which apply to data protection, health and safety and the environment
We are honest and open
- We tell the truth and do not exaggerate
- We do what we say we are going to do
- We answer all reasonable questions about our fundraising activities and costs. See our Annual Report if you require further details
We are clear
- We are clear about who we are, what we do and how your gift is used
- Where we have a promotional agreement with a commercial company, we make clear how much of the purchase price we receive
- We give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and amend a regular commitment
We are respectful
- We respect the rights, dignities and privacy of our supporters and beneficiaries
- We will not put undue pressure on you to make a gift and if you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision
- If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so
We are fair and reasonable
- We take care not to use any images or words that cause unjustifiable distress or offence
- We take care not to cause unreasonable nuisance or disruption
We are accountable
- If you are unhappy with anything we’ve done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to make a complaint
RSPB Fundraising Regulator Complaints Process
The RSPB endeavours to resolve any complaints, including those about its fundraising, promptly and as amicably as possible. In the first instance please contact Supporter Services (details below) about any fundraising issue.
If we are unable to resolve your concerns quickly, and a complaint falls within the Fundraising Regulator Scheme, it will be referred to the Legal Advisor - Supporter Relations, Corporate and Legal Services Team who will, within seven days, provide you with a copy of the complaints procedure and a copy of the relevant Institute of Fundraising Code of Practice.
For more information, please contact our Supporter Services by telephoning them on 01767 693680 or emailing them through email@example.com.