Freelance Senior Content Producer
We're looking for an exceptionally talented ‘Senior Content Producer’ with a passion for nature and digital communications, who will join a unique partnership project which drives mass audiences to support positive action for nature.
About the role
The successful candidate will be a proven expert in the delivery of video and image led content for social media and web. Under the leadership of a strategic communications team, they will work with video editors, social media, PR and digital experts to deliver outstanding, highly shareable content which brings results.
Intellectually curious, creative, resilient, passionate about digital media and comfortable leading the delivery of multiple deliverables. Creating excellent content briefs and overseeing post-production workflow, with a particular focus on digital video production, they will ensure our key messages are loud and clear. A keen interest in the protection of nature and wildlife and understands the challenges facing the digital media industry and the trends impacting audience behaviour.
The way many of us live our lives is disrupting the delicate balance created by nature over millions of years. Deforestation, overfishing, intensive farming methods, increased pollution and our burning of fossil fuels are just some of the ways we are destroying biodiversity both here in the UK and around the globe. While some species are able to adapt, others are really struggling, with some on the verge of extinction. The rate and scale we’re losing species is unprecedented and goes way beyond the usually slow and natural evolution of life on Earth. Nature is in crisis and we urgently need your help to save it.
1. Lead digital content delivery which is innovative and impactful
2. Work with integrated (RSPB & WWF) communications group and planning partners to ensure workflow is prioritised accordingly and we are utilising our resources and capabilities in the best possible way.
3. Collaborative approach to developing content solutions bringing out the best in the video, animation, and copywriting talent that you work with.
4. Work closely with digital stakeholders exploring innovative technologies and how best to create content which is successful for the output.
5. Produce project briefs, manage workload keeping creative content production on-track through organised scheduling.
6. Actively lead and participate in creative ideation bringing initiative, creative thinking, and digital trends into the frame.
7. Provide clear rationale and supporting data to justify recommendations for solutions. Using available insight to inform best approach
8. Actively lead digital video post-production working with video editor/s to edit produce cross-platform digital video content, working with third-party footage, as well as Charity produced content.
9. Think both small and big picture (sometimes both at the same time). This means understanding the stakeholders overall long-term challenges as well as the immediate ones.
10. Be a trusting and supportive team member. Listen to your partners pain points and work internally and with stakeholders to improve them.
11. Motivated by achieving amazing results.
12. Champion the partnership brand making sure our tone of voice and look and feel is followed.
- Plenty of experience in the end-to-end delivery of creative production for digital outputs, with a particular focus on digital video production.
- Proven success working directly with creative, strategic and technical teams.
- Experience across agency, charity or in house marketing environments.
- 5 years' experience delivering in a senior content role
- Excellent communication skills, ensuring stakeholders receive regular updates with project development and creatives are clear on required deliverables
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and prioritise in times of tight deadlines.
- Good understanding of technical process of editing video content and able to scope out opportunities with realistic consideration of scheduling
This is a freelance opportunity for a single person working to a day rate of £300pd, part time, flexible days between July 2022 and February 2023 (estimated 112 days).
Deadline to apply: 13th June, 2022
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please share a copy of your CV to Contentsupport@wwf.org.uk
As part of our commitment to fair procurement, we will ‘invite to quote’ the most suitable candidates based on experience. A second shortlisted group will then be invited to interview.