The RSPB wants to help connect more children to nature. We can support your class in a range of ways.
RSPB at Kelvingrove Park
Active learning outdoors in Kelvingrove Park includes:
- Bird Detectives
- Conservation – Giving Nature a Home
- Journey in the Park
- Minibeast Safari (currently delivered at Glasgow Botanic Gardens)
All these sessions may be booked through the Glasgow Life bookings hub at Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum on 0141 276 9505 / 9506
We can visit you in your school with our free Outreach programmes:
- Giving Nature a Home — helps pupils map and score their school grounds for nature, identifying habitats that already exist and spotting opportunities for creating more
- Bioblitz — encourages pupils to hunt for plants and minibeasts under every rock, bush and doormat
- Big Schools' Birdwatch – using ID guides and binoculars, your pupils will identify and record the birds we spot around the school.
All sessions support Curriculum for Excellence Outcomes and Experiences
For more information on Outreach contact firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will contact you.
We also provide CPD for teachers and educational professionals, encouraging confidence (as well as plenty of activity ideas) in outdoor environmental education and learning for sustainability.
Various dates advertised throughout the year.
For more information on CPD contact email@example.com.