Prize draw terms and conditions
As a thank you for taking part in Big Wild Sleepout, we'll enter you in a free prize draw to win a £500 Rohan voucher and a host of RSPB prizes, together worth nearly £600!
- The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of the RSPB, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw. Proof of age may be requested.
- The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- All entries are submitted by completing one of the following activities within the Wild Challenge between 28 July and 3 September: Bug safari, Tracks and signs, Amazing moths, Hedgehog cafe, Wild Sleepout or Nature wow. We consider an activity completed when proof has been submitted for all relevant activities and signed off by our moderators (find out how to take part and submit proof here). The RSPB accepts no responsibility for moderators failing to sign off activities submitted late in the process. While you can complete multiple activities, each participant will only be entered in the prize draw once.
- Entries submitted after 3 September will not be valid.
- The RSPB accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
- Winners will be chosen by random draw performed by a computer process on 5 September 2017.
- There are 10 prizes worth ~£60 RRP sourced from the RSPB Shop, and one prize worth £600 RRP which includes a £500 voucher valid in store and online for Rohan Outdoor clothing products, courtesy of Rohan Designs Ltd.
- Winners will be notified by email or telephone (using details provided at entry) before 12 September 2017 and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the RSPB within 21 days of being notified by the RSPB, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and the RSPB will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The prize will be sent to the winner by post within 14 days of being notified of their win.
- The prize for the winners are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- The prize is supplied in part by Rohan Designs Ltd and may be subject to further terms and conditions imposed by the Supplier. The RSPB reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the RSPB's control makes it necessary to do so.
- The winner's name will be published on the RSPB's website.
- The decision of the RSPB regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- The RSPB reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of the Rules or the Terms and Conditions or the spirit of the Rules or the Terms and Conditions.
Terms and conditions
- By submitting your entry to the RSPB, you agree to be legally bound by the Rules and these Terms and Conditions.
- The RSPB reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the RSPB, its subsidiaries, agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the RSPB, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- You agree to indemnify the RSPB and its subsidiaries against any claim from any third party for any breach of these terms and conditions.
- The RSPB reserves the right to update the Rules and these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any updated version will be effective as soon as it is published on rspb.org.uk.
- The winner may be required to participate in publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media. You agree that your personal data may be used for this purpose.
- The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (the RSPB) is a registered charity in England & Wales no. 207076 and in Scotland no. SC037654 whose registered address is at The Lodge, Sandy, Bedfordshire SG19 2DL.