The RSPB are once again teaming up with the Cameron Bespolka Trust to bring you WildArt 2020, and this year we’re even bigger! We’re on the lookout for talented young artists to enter our exciting competition.
What to do
Create a piece of art inspired by nature – let your imagination run WILD! There are 2 categories to choose from this year – REAL LIFE – entries using the more traditional approach of paints, pastels, acrylics, pens or pencil. And our new GO WILD category – for those of you who want to ‘go wild’ in every sense of the word. To enter this category, experiment with textiles, sculpture, recycled and eco-friendly materials, collages – anything goes!
Please email a photo of your artwork to email@example.com with the heading WildArt 2020 Competition, and don’t forget to tell us your age and category selection! If your submission makes the shortlist, we’ll be in touch with further details after the competition closes. WildArt is split into three age groups: under 8s, 8-12, and 13 years and over.
For each category, the winner of each age group will receive an art gift voucher worth £100. There are also RSPB runner-up prizes for each category and age group too, so plenty of chances to WIN! The winning, runner-up and highly commended artwork will be displayed at The Society of Wildlife Artists Natural Eye exhibition from 28 October to 8 November 2020.
A special Richie Richardson award (and £100 book voucher) will be given for the most accurately drawn animal. The winning and runner-up artwork will also be printed in Wild Times, Wild Explorer or Wingbeat magazine.
- We must receive entries for the competition by Friday 28 August 2020. If shortlisted, we will require the actual artwork. If you want your artwork returned, please supply a self-addressed stamped envelope with the correct postage and packaging.
- When taking a photo of your artwork to send to us, please make sure you use natural lighting. Dark or unnatural light can result in distorted image colour/ appearance.
- We aim to inform all winners within 21 days of the closing date.
- All entrants must be under 19 and should ask permission from a parent or guardian before entering.
- Prizes are subject to availability. If, in circumstances beyond our control, we are unable to provide the stated prize, we will try to arrange an alternative prize of a similar value. No cash alternative will be offered.
- The RSPB reserves the right to cancel the competition at any time, if deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside of the Society’s control.
WildArt Rules, Terms and Conditions
1. This competition is open to all UK residents aged under 19, except any employee of or person directly connected with the RSPB and their immediate family members. Proof of age may be required.
2. Applicants under 18 must get consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before entering the competition. The parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of applicants under 18 agree to the Rules and Terms and Conditions on behalf of the applicants.
3. The competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
4. If shortlisted, all entries must be submitted by post to WildArt Competition, RSPB Wildlife Explorers, The Lodge, Sandy, Bedfordshire, SG19 2DL. Please refer to the competition page for further details at rspb.org.uk/wildart.
5. The RSPB must receive entries by 11:59pm on Friday 28 August 2020. Any entry which is late, incomplete or inappropriate will be deemed invalid at the discretion of the RSPB.
6. The RSPB accepts no responsibility for damaged or lost entries.
7. The judges shall assess the entries and one winner and two runners-up from each age category (under 8, 8-12 and 13-18) will be selected. The judges’ decisions shall be final. No correspondence regarding the results will be entered into.
8. The three winners (one in each age category) shall receive £100 in art vouchers and the six runners-up (two in each age category) will receive £25 in art vouchers. The prizes will be sent to the winners and runners-up by post within 28 days of the winner responding to notification from the RSPB that they have won.
9. The winners and runners-up will be notified by email or telephone (using the details provided at entry) within 21 days of a decision being made and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner or runner-up does not respond to the RSPB within 21 days of being notified by the RSPB, then they will forfeit their prize and a replacement winner or runner-up will be selected from the other applicants. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. The RSPB reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if necessary. The winner's name will be published on the competition website and in Wild Times, Bird Life or Wingbeat, depending on age category.
Please note hard copy entries cannot be returned unless a stamped addressed envelope is provided. Full copyright title remains with the author/owner of any entry. Please see the full Terms and Conditions below.
The RSPB reserves the right to refuse entry or to refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of the Rules or the Terms and Conditions or the spirit of the Rules or the Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
1. By submitting an entry, you agree to be legally bound by the Rules and these Terms and Conditions.
2. Any entry must be your original work and it must not infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights. In addition, all entries must be produced legally without trespassing on any land and no wildlife or habitats should be harmed, put at risk or unduly disturbed in the process.
4. By submitting an entry, you agree to waive any moral rights contained in your entry. Any entry you provide shall be non-confidential.
5. By submitting an entry, you agree the RSPB may use the material for any purpose and in any way it chooses, including, but not limited to, marketing, publicity, advertising and presentations.
6. The RSPB (including its subsidiaries, agents or distributors) shall not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage or for any costs, claims or demands of any nature whatsoever arising directly or indirectly out of the use of your entry or any part thereof.
7. Insofar as is permitted by law, the RSPB (including its subsidiaries, agents or distributors) will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize, except where it is caused by the negligence of the RSPB, its subsidiaries, agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
8. You agree to indemnify the RSPB (and its subsidiaries) against any claim from any third party for any breach of the Rules or these Terms and Conditions.
9. The RSPB reserves the right to update the Rules and these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any updated version will be effective as soon as it is published on rspb.org.uk/wildart.
Any personal data submitted will be held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Personal data supplied may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
The winner may be required to participate in publicity related to the competition which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media. You agree that your personal data may be used for this purpose.
For the avoidance of doubt, by submitting your entry you warrant that all persons featured in your entry have given you their express consent for their image, voice or other details to be used and, in the case of vulnerable adults or persons under 18 years of age, you warrant that you have obtained express consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s).
This competition is governed by English law and English Courts have exclusive jurisdiction.
The Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (the 'RSPB') is a registered charity in England & Wales no. 207076 and in Scotland no. SC037654 whose registered address is at the Lodge, Sandy, Bedfordshire SG19 2DL