Be the voice of nature with our poetry competition and you could be in with the chance of having your poem read on Fun Kids radio.
What to do
If you’ve got a way with words and a passion for nature, listen up! We’re giving you the chance to share your writing talent on Fun Kids radio. Write a poem inspired by the great outdoors – it could be your favourite animal, insect, flower or special place - and you could see your writing come to life. Let your creativity flow and write a poem as long or as short as you like – it could be in any style and it certainly doesn’t have to rhyme. So, what are you waiting for? Get inspired by nature and share your words of wisdom with the world – good luck!
If you are one of our lucky winners, your poem will be published in one of our magazines and will also be read on Fun Kids radio between 23rd and 27th November 2020. There will be one winner and two runners-up selected in each age category (7 years and under, 8-12 years old, and 13-18 years old). Each winner and runner-up will also receive a cool digital radio donated by our friends at VQ!
How to enter
If you would like to enter WildVerse 2020, ask an adult (e.g. your mum, dad or someone who looks after you) for permission and upload it to: funkidslive.com/wildverse
Make sure your adult provides a signed statement that says the work is all yours and include your name, address and age on the entry. For more details, plus terms and conditions, visit: rspb.org.uk/wildverse
WildVerse 2020 Terms and Conditions
- This competition is open to all UK residents under 18, except any employee of or person directly connected with the RSPB and their immediate family members. Proof of age may be required.
- Applicants under 18 must get consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before entering the competition. The parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of applicants under 18 agree to the Rules and Terms and Conditions on behalf of the applicants.
- All applicants must be amateur writers.
- The competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- All entries must be submitted by uploading to www.funkidslive.com/wildverse
- Entries must include name, age and address. Please refer to the competition page for further details at rspb.org.uk/wildverse.
- The RSPB must receive entries by 11.59pm on 23rd October 2020. Any entry which is late, incomplete or inappropriate will be deemed invalid at the discretion of the RSPB.
- The RSPB accepts no responsibility for any technical failure, malfunction or any other problem with any server, internet access system or otherwise which may result in any entry being lost, corrupted or not properly registered or recorded. No responsibility will be taken for damaged or lost entries.
- The judges shall assess the entries and one winner will be selected. The judges’ decisions shall be final. No correspondence regarding the results will be entered into.
- Three winners shall receive a digital radio and have their poem read out on Fun Kids radio. Six runners-up will also win a digital radio. The prize will be sent to the winner by post within 28 days of the winner responding to notification from the RSPB that they have won.
- The winner will be notified by email or telephone (using the details provided at entry) within 1 week of a decision being made and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the RSPB within 21 days of being notified by the RSPB, then they will forfeit their prize and a replacement winner will be selected from the other applicants.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- The RSPB reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if necessary.
- The winner's name will be published on the competition website and in Wild Times, Wild Explorer or Wingbeat.
- Please note hard copy entries cannot be returned. Full copyright title remains with the author/owner of any entry. Please see the full Terms and Conditions below.
- The RSPB reserves the right to refuse entry or to refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of the Rules or the Terms and Conditions or the spirit of the Rules or the Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
- By submitting an entry, you agree to be legally bound by the Rules and these Terms and Conditions.
- Any entry must be your original work and it must not infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights. In addition, all entries must be produced legally without trespassing on any land and no wildlife or habitats should be harmed, put at risk or unduly disturbed in the process.
- By submitting an entry, you agree to waive any moral rights contained in your entry. Any entry you provide shall be non-confidential.
- By submitting an entry, you agree the RSPB may use the material for any purpose and in any way it chooses, including, but not limited to, marketing, publicity, advertising and presentations.
- The RSPB (including its subsidiaries, agents or distributors) shall not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage or for any costs, claims or demands of any nature whatsoever arising directly or indirectly out of the use of your entry or any part thereof.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the RSPB (including its subsidiaries, agents or distributors) will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize, except where it is caused by the negligence of the RSPB, its subsidiaries, agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- You agree to indemnify the RSPB (and its subsidiaries) against any claim from any third party for any breach of the Rules or these Terms and Conditions.
- The RSPB reserves the right to update the Rules and these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any updated version will be effective as soon as it is published on rspb.org.uk/wildverse.
- Any personal data submitted will be held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Personal data supplied may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
- The winner may be required to participate in publicity related to the competition which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media. You agree that your personal data may be used for this purpose.
- For the avoidance of doubt, by submitting your entry you warrant that all persons featured in your entry have given you their express consent for their image, voice or other details to be used and, in the case of vulnerable adults or persons under 18 years of age, you warrant that you have obtained express consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s).
- This competition is governed by English law and English Courts have exclusive jurisdiction.
- The Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (the 'RSPB') is a registered charity in England & Wales no. 207076 and in Scotland no. SC037654 whose registered address is at the Lodge, Sandy, Bedfordshire SG19 2DL