Win a Wild Walk bundle
Make your wild adventures even better! Here’s your chance to win a super Wild Walk bundle, full of cool kit including binoculars, to help you get closer to nature.
Your best wild day
To enter our Wild Walk competition, all you have to do is describe your best wild day on the sheet provided. Draw, write, doodle or paint – just tell us all about it. However you spent your wild day – whether you built a bug hotel, spent the day pond dipping or enjoyed a woodland walk – we want to hear from you.
Email your entries to us and you could win a fantastic Wild Walk bundle, including a pair of binoculars. There will also be five mystery runners-up prizes.
How to enter
Download, print and complete your nature sheet, making sure to include your name, age and address. Scan or photograph the sheet and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your entry must reach us by 3 August 2018.
Take up a Wild Challenge
Are you taking part in our Wild Challenge? If not, now’s your chance. Wild Challenge is the RSPB’s scheme that sees you earning rewards while you enjoy the natural world. Whether you found animal tracks, saw minibeasts, had a go at birdwatching, spotted some colourful flowers or gathered some leaves and seeds, you’ll find an activity that will get you closer to a Wild Challenge award. Take part in Wild Challenge as part of your wild day out, and you could earn an award while you enter the competition. Whatever you do, you’re a winner!
Wild Walk Rules, Terms and Conditions
1. This competition is open to all UK residents aged under 18. RSPB employees and their immediate family members, as well as persons directly connected with the RSPB, may not enter this competition. Proof of age may be required.
2. Applicants under 18 must get consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before entering the competition. The parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of applicants under 18 must agree to the Rules and Terms and Conditions on behalf of the applicants.
3. Entrants must not be professional artists
4. The competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
5. All entries must be submitted by email to email@example.com or by post to Wild Walk bundle competition, RSPB Wildlife Explorers, The Lodge, Sandy, Bedfordshire, SG19 2DL
6. Only one entry per person is permitted and entrants must use the sheet provided. Please refer to the competition page for further details (rspb.org.uk/wildwalk).
7. The RSPB must receive entries by 11.59pm on Friday 3 August 2018. Any entry which is late, incomplete or inappropriate will be deemed invalid at the discretion of the RSPB.
8. The RSPB accepts no responsibility for any technical failure, malfunction or any other problem with any server, internet access system or otherwise which may result in any entry being lost, corrupted or not properly registered or recorded. No responsibility will be taken for damaged or lost entries.
9. The judges will assess the entries and one winner will be selected, together with five runners-up. The judges’ decisions are final. No correspondence regarding the results will be entered into.
10. One winner will receive a bundle of activity items for wild walks. Five runners-up will each win a mystery prize. The prizes will be sent to the winners by post within 28 days of winners responding to notification from the RSPB that they have won.
11. Winners will be notified by email or telephone (using the details provided at entry) within one week of a decision being made. Winners must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the RSPB within 21 days of being notified by the RSPB, then they will forfeit their prize and a replacement winner will be selected from the other applicants.
12. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
13. The RSPB reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if necessary.
14. Winners’ names will be published on the competition website and in Bird Life magazine.
15. Please note, hard copy entries cannot be returned. Full copyright title remains with the author/owner of any entry. Please see the full Terms and Conditions below.
16. The RSPB reserves the right to refuse entry or to refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of the Rules or the Terms and Conditions or the spirit of the Rules or the Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
1. By submitting an entry, you agree to be legally bound by the Rules and these Terms and Conditions.
2. Any entry must be your original work and it must not infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights. In addition, all entries must be produced legally without trespassing on any land, and no wildlife or habitats should be harmed, put at risk or unduly disturbed in the process.
4. By submitting an entry, you agree to waive any moral rights contained in your entry. Any entry you provide shall be non-confidential.
5. By submitting an entry, you agree the RSPB may use the material for any purpose and in any way it chooses, including, but not limited to, marketing, publicity, advertising and presentations.
6. The RSPB (including its subsidiaries, agents or distributors) shall not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage or for any costs, claims or demands of any nature whatsoever arising directly or indirectly out of the use of your entry or any part thereof.
7. Insofar as is permitted by law, the RSPB (including its subsidiaries, agents or distributors) will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize, except where it is caused by the negligence of the RSPB, its subsidiaries, agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
8. You agree to indemnify the RSPB (and its subsidiaries) against any claim from any third party for any breach of the Rules or these Terms and Conditions.
9. The RSPB reserves the right to update the Rules and these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any updated version will be effective as soon as it is published on rspb.org.uk/wildwalk.
11. Any personal data submitted will be held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Personal data supplied may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
12. The winner may be required to participate in publicity related to the competition which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media. You agree that your personal data may be used for this purpose.
13. For the avoidance of doubt, by submitting your entry you warrant that all persons featured in your entry have given you their express consent for their image, voice or other details to be used and, in the case of vulnerable adults or persons under 18 years of age, you warrant that you have obtained express consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s).
14. This competition is governed by English law and English Courts have exclusive jurisdiction.
15. The Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (the ‘RSPB') is a registered charity in England & Wales no. 207076 and in Scotland no. SC037654 whose registered address is at the Lodge, Sandy, Bedfordshire SG19 2DL