Become a human weather gauge!
Are you doing this activity as part of your ild Challenge? Take a look at your progress and go for gold!
What do I need?
- Paper, pens or equipment to record how you feel
- You may want to make a five-day weather diary to fill in each day for a week. Think about different world and building your vocabulary.
What do I do?
- Go outside, whatever the weather.
- Discuss the effect and how it makes you feel. For example: I can't feel any wind, I feel calm and happy, I can feel the sun on my skin, it's hot, my hair is blowing about, my hat's blown off - I feel excited!
- Don't forget to tell us when you have completed the activity! When you mark the activity as complete, you will be asked to upload a photo or a copy of your weather diary to help earn your award.
Completing the activity
Use the 'Mark as complete' button at the top of this page to tell us you've completed your activity. You'll need to show us what you did by uploading a photograph of you outside with a caption of how you’re feeling or upload a copy of your weather diary.
Get them thinking
Here are some prompts to help with learning:
- What can you feel on your skin?
- How does it make you feel?
- What clues are there to the season?