Hurtigruten and the RSPB
Great news, we’ve joined forces with Hurtigruten to give RSPB supporters 5% off bookings and generate further donations for our vital conservation work.
As the world leader in exploration travel, Hurtigruten offer unique adventures to the far ends of the planet.
Their intimate voyages take you straight to the heart of nature, where the wildlife is in abundance and right at your fingertips.
Hurtigruten are proud to have supported the RSPB for over five years and will donate 10% of the cost of your booking to RSPB, also giving you a 5% discount!*
A trip to remember
Read about 'The Urban Birder' David Lindo's trip with Hurtigruten and catch a glimpse of the incredible natural spectacles his journey had to offer. Read The Urban Birder post.
How you can help
By booking a voyage at www.hurtigruten.co.uk and quoting UK13HRRTRSPB5, 10% of the cost of your booking* will be donated to the RSPB, supporting seabird conservation – and you’ll also receive a 5% discount.
So far, supporters like you have helped to raise £90,000 through their expeditions with Hurtigruten. Why not make a difference for wildlife with your holiday?
*Offer valid only on direct bookings; terms and conditions apply.
Miranda Krestovnikoff's trip
At the end of October 2018 our President, Miranda Krestovnikoff, is joining a Hurtigruten voyage in Bergen to journey up into the Arctic Circle and back, passing the fjords, mountains, and islands Norway is known for and you can join her there.
Win a trip for two!
Win a wildlife trip for two worth up to £2,000 with Hurtigruten! Follow in the footsteps of RSPB President Miranda Krestovnikoff and travel to the Arctic Circle in search of sea eagles and beluga whales. To enter, simply send a tweet using #RSPBVoyage telling us where Miranda's trip departs from by 19 August.
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. By submitting an entry, you agree to be legally bound by the Rules and these Terms and Conditions.
2. Any entry must be yours and it must not infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, and publicity, personal or proprietary rights. In addition, all entries must be produced legally without trespassing on any land and no wildlife or habitats should be harmed, put at risk or unduly disturbed in the process.
4. By submitting an entry, you agree to waive any moral rights contained in your entry. Any entry you provide shall be non-confidential.
5. By submitting an entry, you agree the RSPB may use the material for any purpose and in any way it chooses, including, but not limited to, marketing, publicity, advertising and presentations.
6. The RSPB (including its subsidiaries, agents or distributors) shall not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage or for any costs, claims or demands of any nature whatsoever arising directly or indirectly out of the use of your entry or any part thereof.
7. Insofar as is permitted by law, the RSPB (including its subsidiaries, agents or distributors) will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize, except where it is caused by the negligence of the RSPB, its subsidiaries, agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
8. You agree to indemnify the RSPB (and its subsidiaries) against any claim from any third party for any breach of the Rules or these Terms and Conditions.
9. The RSPB reserves the right to update the Rules and these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any updated version will be effective as soon as it is published on the RSPB competition website.
11. Any personal data submitted will be held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Law. Personal data supplied may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
12. The winner may be required to participate in publicity related to the competition which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media. You agree that your personal data may be used for this purpose.
13. For the avoidance of doubt, by submitting your entry you warrant that all persons featured in your entry have given you their express consent for their image, voice or other details to be used and, in the case of vulnerable adults or persons under 18 years of age, you warrant that you have obtained express consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s).
15. This competition is governed by English law and English Courts have exclusive jurisdiction.
16. The Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (the 'RSPB') is a registered charity in England & Wales no. 207076 and in Scotland no. SC037654 whose registered address is at the Lodge, Sandy, Bedfordshire SG19 2DL
We have 1 voyage with Hurtigruten worth up to £2000, for a standard cabin for up to 2 people on a classic voyage north between 1st January 2019 and 31st December 2019 subject to availability. During the week of 10-19 August we will be running a competition asking people to upload to social media (Twitter) an answer to the question ‘Where does the voyage depart?’ with the hashtag #RSPBVoyage.
1. This competition is open to all UK residents over 18, except any employee of or person directly connected with the RSPB and their immediate family members. Proof of age may be required.
2. The competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
3. All entries must be submitted by uploading your answer to Twitter. On Twitter all entries using the hashtag and posted to public accounts with the correct answer will be entered. The answer must be correct to be entered. Entries must include the hashtag #RSPBVoyage. and only one entry per person is permitted. All eligible answers will then be aggregated by stackla and generated to randomly pick the winner. Please refer to the competition page for further details.
4. The RSPB must receive entries by midnight on 19th August 2018. Any entry which is late, incomplete or inappropriate will be deemed invalid at the discretion of the RSPB.
5. The RSPB accepts no responsibility for any technical failure, malfunction or any other problem with any server, internet access system or otherwise which may result in any entry being lost, corrupted or not properly registered or recorded. No responsibility will be taken for damaged or lost entries.
6. The correct answers will all be sent to a name generator to randomly select the winner. The decision shall be final and no correspondence regarding the results will be entered into. The 1 entry that is picked will be our winner. No correspondence regarding the result will be entered into.
7. The winner shall receive 1 cabin for the Hurtigruten Classic Voyage North for October 2019. Hurtigruten will contact the winner directly after they provide their details in a direct message on Twitter. Prize must be redeemed by the 2nd September.
8. The winner will be notified by direct message (on Twitter) within 1 week of a decision being made. It is up to the winner to redeem the ticket by the date as per instructions in the direct message.
9. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
10. The prize is provided by Hurtigruten, Bedford House, 69-79 Fulham High Street, Fulham, London, SW6 3JW and may be subject to further terms and conditions imposed by Hurtigruten. The RSPB reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if necessary.
11. The winner's name will be published on the competition website
12. Full copyright title remains with the author/owner of any entry. Please see the full Terms and Conditions below.
13. The RSPB reserves the right to refuse entry or to refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of the Rules or the Terms and Conditions or the spirit of the Rules or the Terms and Conditions.