My research at the RSPB has focused on diagnosing the recent population decline of Black-tailed Godwits in the United Kingdom and developing and evaluating conservation solutions to reverse their decline.
I'm currently gathering tracking data on wader species in the East-Atlantic-Flyway to demonstarte the international importance of the Tagus Estuary for waders.
- Associate Editor of Wader Study
- Associate Editor of the Journal of Caribbean Ornithology
- Member of the Calidris Wader Ringing Group
Partners and Collaboration
- Dr. Theunis Piersma, University of Groningen
- Dr. Jelle Loonstra, Altenburg & Wymenga
- Dr. Nathan Senner, University of South Carolina
- Dr. Christiaan Both, University of Groningen
- Dr. José Alves, University of Aveiro
- Dr. Maria Dias, BirdLife International
- Dr. Rob Robinson, BTO
- Dr. Bing-Run Zhu, University of Groningen