My work at the RSPB is to identify funding opportunties that are relevant to the work of ConSci in understanding the biggest problems in nature conservation. If the scientific basis can be understood then soutions can be identified and actioned to address the cause of the problem.
My role is not in direct research of conservation action per se, but to manage an on-going programme of funding applications that range in scale from a few tens of thousands of pounds to support conservation action of, for instance, a single avian species, all the way to tens of millions of pounds that is needed to support the restoration of whole landscapes.
Partners and Collaboration
- UK Research and Innovation
- International Union for Conservation of Nature
- European Commission
- Endangered Landscape Programme
- The Norwegian Institute for Nature Research
- Marine Scotland
- Cambridge University
- Society for the Protection of Nature in Israel