Birds of prey in Bowland
Thirty years ago, the RSPB began working in the Forest of Bowland, with the then North West Water Authority (now United Utilities) to monitor and protect England's most important hen harrier population.
- Monitor and protect priority birds in the uplands
- Secure favourable land management in the uplands for priority habitats and species by working with key partners
- Demonstrate how our uplands can provide a range of services such as improved water quality, flood alleviation and that blanket bog restoration can have a beneficial effect in the face of climate change
- Part-funded by United Utilities
- Heritage Lottery Fund funding for community/people engagement work
- Bowland AONB funding for education work